Just to make sure everyone is on the same page: Barack Obama has been ‘palling around with terrorists’ because:
- He sat on a board with William Ayers, former member of the Weather Underground.
- He also launched his political career in the home of Williams Ayers, former member of the Weather Underground
- Because William Ayers was a member of a radical Leftist group (the Weather Underground/Weathermen) during the Vietnam War, which opposed the Vietnam War and tried taking action against the US government in a series of bombings, he is (note is….not was) a terrorist.
OK? Good. We’re all set.
Now whoever believes that is BATSHIT CRAZY. Let me suggest the article on Wikipedia about Bill Ayers and point specifically to what he’s been doing since 1984.
- Ayers brings almost $50 million to Chicago for school reform projects via the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in 1995.
- In 1997 he is Citizen of the Year in Chicago for his work on that project.
- He is a member of the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago, a philanthropic organization dedicated to anti-poverty issues.
To put it mildly he’s been a model citizen.
Let’s also note the section of the Wikipedia article which discusses Barack Obama’s relationship to Ayers which, while friendly, doesn’t imply friendship. The McCain campaign keeps wanting to say they’re friends because at some point Obama, or someone in his campaign, said that Ayers and Obama are on friendly terms. Barack Obama isn’t “palling around with terrorists” because Bill Ayers isn’t a terrorist and Ayers and Obama don’t see each other socially on a regular basis.
Now lets talk briefly about Sarah Palin. She “pals around with” her husband Todd presumably since they are married. Todd was a member of the Alaskan Independence Party for seven years. Let’s take a quick look at the AIP and their founder, Joe Vogler.
I’ll quote the founder:
“I’m an Alaskan, not an American. I’ve got no use for America or her damned institutions.”
Let’s also take a look at the Goals of the AIP and pay particular attention to goal #2:
Become a separate and Independent Nation.
Hmm…become an independent nation…..how Confederate of them.
How about this quote, also from Vogler:
“My government is my worst enemy. I’m going to fight them with any means at hand.”
The man was a veritable treasure-trove of good quotes.
I say was because Vogler disappeared in 1993. His remains were found in 1994 and there was a confession that he was murdered during a plastic explosives deal gone bad. According to Wikipedia the chairwoman of the AIP says that he was executed, by the US government no less. Allegedly the government assassinated him because he was about to appear before the UN, at the invitation of Iran. Yeah Iran. Interesting isn’t it?
What is even more interesting is that Sarah Palin shot a video of congratulations for this group to be played at their convention: in March of this year. She even says “keep up the good work”.
So to recap:
- Sarah Palin is married to Todd Palin – former member of the secessionist Alaska Independence Party
- Sarah Palin sends a nice video to the AIP during their convention telling them to “keep up the good work”.
- AIP is formed by a guy who wants to secede from the United States and is willing to do anything required to do so.
- Founder of AIP wants to appear before the UN at the invitation of Iran.
- Unlike Bill Ayers Vogler did this stuff his whole adult life until his disappearance. One guy becomes and education reformer while the other wants to secede from the United States.
And Barack Obama is the one palling around with terrorists?