Since switching to Squarespace from WordPress I have not had much of a chance to use my posting script for the Editorial text editor for iOS. I received an email today though from Frank van Exter asking for assistance in using the workflow. Frank was very gracious and it was a nice opportunity to help someone use something I created.
Unfortunately my posting to the Editorial workflow site didn’t quite explain things clearly enough. Here are the two most important things to configure when using this workflow:
- Make sure the user that you are plugging in to the workflow has posting access to the blog you’re configuring.
- Enter your username and URL into the section of the workflow labeled “Get Connection Details”, not the variables at the beginning of the workflow.
A couple of things to note:
- The URL needs to have “/xmlrpc.php” appended to it.
- If you are using 2-factor authentication you need to generate a password for the workflow to use in the WordPress admin site.
Also, if you have to reset your password that is done by doing the following:
- In “Get Connection Details” slide the Reset Password switch to on.
- Run the workflow to reset the password.
- Run the workflow again to enter a new password.
- Go back into “Get Connection Details” and turn off the Reset Password switch.